Education and Events Search
The Education and Events Search features education session details and information on all events at ARMA Live! Conference 2017. We are finalizing new education and event details regularly, so check back often!
ARMA Flipped! Sessions
The flipped sessions consist of four practical web seminars with live text chat, SMEs, and solution providers in a virtual exhibit hall. Part one provides the content instruction in an online virtual conference on August 29, which you can attend from your home or office. Part two provides hands-on application of the online instruction in a follow-up, face-to-face workshop at the ARMA Live! 2017 conference. You must take part in the August 29 online virtual conference if you wish to participate in the ARMA Flipped! onsite workshops.
Anyone with a full conference registration is automatically registered for ARMA Flipped!
For more information click here
Crowdsourcing and Digital Engagement
You’re helping us make this conference your conference! Based on the Designation Academy poll in April, we’ve selected the seminars that you selected – those with the highest votes are included in our pre-conference program.
In May, you helped us formulate the conference education program by voting to "Save a Session" from elimination. The proposed sessions with the top votes have been added to the slate.
Watch for more opportunities to help create the conference experience and make this year’s conference your own!
The sessions are half-day, one-day, or two-day programs that take place prior to conference, during the ARMA 2017 Designation Academy. They provide a unique opportunity for in-depth study of the latest topics in specialized fields related to RIM and IG. (Additional registration and fees are required.) Click each title to learn more about that session.
Opening General Session
The conference kicks off with a keynote from Jake Porway of DataKind and a welcome addresses from Ilona N. Koti, CRM, CPM, CDIA+, President-Elect of ARMA International, and Jocelyn Gunter, CEO of ARMA International.
We’ve identified eight engaging, emerging content areas for our featured sessions at conference. These eight sessions will be facilitated by hand-picked experts. You can search by the "featured sessions" thread in the Education and Events Search.
- Industry Intelligence: Learn about industry trends and how they impact your professional decisions. These sessions will answer the most difficult questions about information management. You'll get straight answers about the technologies of the future, and you’ll also receive the latest, most in-depth information to help you make the best decisions for your organization. Search the “Industry Intelligence” education thread in the Category field of the Education and Events Search to see more.
- Solutions Showcase: Get answers to your challenging RIM questions during these 45-minute sessions. You’ll receive product and service explanations direct from top vendors in the industry. Search the “Solutions Showcase” education thread in the Category field of the Education and Events Search to see more.
- Demonstration Station: Come see the latest tools and solutions in the information management profession. In these 20-minute sessions, exhibitors will present a product demo for you to observe. Search the “Demonstration Station” education thread in the Category field of the Education and Events Search to see more.
- The Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) is an international certifying organization of and for professional records and information managers. The ICRM was incorporated in 1975 to meet the requirement to have a standard by which persons involved in records and information management could be measured, accredited, and recognized according to criteria of experience and capability established by their peers. Join them at ARMA 2017 during the Designation Academy for the ICRM Exams Prep pre-conference seminars and during the ICRM business meeting and reception Saturday evening. Search "ICRM" in the Education and Events Search to see more
- The Society of Emotional Intelligence (SoEI) is a nonprofit 501(c) (3) professional association. Founded in 2009, SoEI is dedicated to bringing emotional intelligence into practice in all walks of life, including schools, families, organizations, and communities through the sharing of ideas, experiences, knowledge, and interactive programs that feature best-class thought leaders. Join them at ARMA 2017 during the “Strategic Lunch-N-Learn: Becoming a Good, Great, and Exceptional Leader” on Tuesday. Search “SoEI” in the Education and Events Search to see more.
Sneak Peek Facilitator Videos
Conference education program facilitators are putting their best foot forward to convince you to attend their education session at ARMA 2017. Here’s how it works:
- Facilitators create a 30-second video that gives you a "sneak peek" of their session.
- View the "sneak peek" video playlist on ARMA’s YouTube channel.
- You "like" the YouTube videos that make you the most interested in attending that session at conference.
- The video that has the most "likes" on YouTube by the end of September wins!